29 May 2023
Cerebral Palsy Alliance Singapore
65 Pasir Ris Drive 1
Training Room, Level 4
9:00am – 1:00pm
Full Course Fee
S$250.00 (excluding GST)
(Pending VCF Approval)
Max : 30 participants
Teachers, Speech and Language Therapists
Oral placement therapy works to improve the motor and sensory systems in the mouth, thereby
facilitating feeding and speech skill development. Children with tone and sensory issues, require
additional tactile inputs in the mouth that aid in feeding and speech development. Oro-motor
therapy also helps children having motor planning issues, where specific oro-motor activities are
targeted to facilitate transition to speech sound production. The use of specific exercises, tools
and activities facilitates speech sound production in children. The exercises, tools and activities
vary depending on the unique needs of the child. This talk focuses on intervention for speech
clarity using oral placement therapy.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the importance of oral placement therapy
- Introduction to oral motor tools to help children with speech difficulties.
- Learn oral placement therapy strategies for articulation.
- Learn to associate individual speech sounds with specific oral motor skill levels.
- Participants will have opportunities to pair up and practice simple strategies learnt with tools.
Dr Lisa Lim’s professional experience over 10 years includes work in acute and rehabilitation hospitals
as well as special schools, both in Australia and Singapore. Dr Lim’s interesting blend of complex
cases has enabled her to perceptively assess and treat individuals with language, stuttering, voice
and swallowing disorders. Dr Lim has also received training in Voice Craft ® and as a musician
herself, she understands the intimate needs of the vocalist and why proper voice care is essential
to prevent vocal disorders. Dr Lim is currently in private practice.
Terms and Conditions
– Registration will be confirmed only upon receiving invoice or full payment.
– If the participant is absent without valid reason or without supporting document, full course fees will be charged with no refund