15 May 2022
Contact duration and timing
2×3 hrs Live Webinar sessions
9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Full Course fee: $305
Course fee for
(Singaporean/PR holders) with VCF grant from SSA : $167.75
Course fee for (WP/EP Holder) with VCF grant from SSA : $228.75
Course Capacity :
Min : 30 paxs
Max: 60 paxs
Allied Health Professionals, Special Education Teachers, Mainstream teachers, Preschool teachers
Today’s curriculum standards are intended to include and reach ALL students. This requires teachers to connect the content to their students, including students with special education needs (SEN) in ways that engage every student to be engaged and learn at his or her instructional level. In this interactive workshop, you will investigate through discussion, reflection and application effective research-based inclusion strategies. Walk away with a palette of possibilities, professional resources and interactive techniques to engage all students to achieve more success!
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to learn to:
- Learn effective strategies to differentiate instruction in order to engage ALL students
- (age 7-12 years) with ADHD, ASD and associated problems.
- Look beyond student labels to maximize individual and whole class success
- Explore multiple strategies for active learning that connect curriculum standards with students’ abilities and learning styles
Dr. Kathy Perez, an international consultant, presenter, teacher, instructional coach, administrator and author has worked with students from preschoolers to university graduates. Dr. Kathy is Professor Emerita at Saint Mary’s College of California. She has extensive teaching experience as a general and special educator, literacy/ESL coach, and curriculum/staff development coordinator. Teachers from all grade levels and subject areas rave about Kathy Perez’s dynamic approach to teaching. Her innovative and interactive workshops are loaded with teacher-tested materials and activities you can use immediately and share with others. Kathy provides a lively and informative day of hands-on and minds-on learning. Participants learn from an experienced and informed educator who knows first-hand the daily instructional challenges of classroom teachers. Her enthusiasm is infectious!
Dr. Kathy has worked extensively with teachers, administrators and parents throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, China, Qatar, Brazil, Britain, Colombia, Caribbean, Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Thailand, Hong Kong and Singapore.
Her best-selling books include: More Than 100+ Brain-Friendly Tools and Strategies for Literacy! (Corwin Press), Co-Teaching Book of Lists: A Practical Guide for Teachers (Jossey-Bass); The New Inclusion: Differentiated Strategies to Engage ALL Students! (Teacher College Press, 2013) and her latest: 200+ Proven Strategies for Teaching Reading (Solution Tree, 2016).
Terms and Conditions
– Participants from SSAs will be eligible for the VCF subsidy based on certain criteria and on first-come-first serve basis, as only limited seats are given by NCSS.
– Participants who have registered before 30 April and did not receive VCF funding will have to pay full course fee.
– Registration will be confirmed only upon receiving invoice or full payment.
– In the event of no show up for the course, course fee will be charged with no refund