28 September 2023
28 August 2023
Virtual Synchronous (Zoom)
9:00am – 5:00pm
Full Course Fee
S$300.00 (excluding GST)
(Pending VCF Approval)
Max : 20 participants
Special Education Teachers, Teacher Aides and other Professionals working with children or young adults with special needs.
This online course will introduce participants to the developmental theories of Art Therapy and how children and adults develop social, emotional and cognitive skills through art making. They will be encouraged to explore their own creativity and learn through practical art exercises how to use art for emotional and intellectual development and self- expression. They will explore top tips on how to run creative art sessions with their clients. This workshop will include two live webinars with the trainer plus online course content to follow up with at home.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify and explain activity in their work setting
- Develop skills and ideas that they can use in their work setting
- Apply theories of activity analysis so that they are able to break down activities into meaningful and easily teachable components for their clients.
- Appreciate the Model of Human Occupation and how it informs their work with people with clients.
- Articulate a clear definition of activity therapy.
Dr Caroline Essame is a British trained Art Therapist and Occupational Therapist with a Master’s in Education and over 35 years’ experience in the fields of health, therapy, education, play and the arts. She is founder and CEO of CreateCATT and pioneer of Developmental Play – a new approach to creative work in adults and children. She set up the first Masters in Art Therapy in Asia for LASALLE and the Expressive Arts Therapy Post Grad Diploma at Singapore University of Social Sciences and is an award winning adult educator at the Social Services Institute. She is visiting creative arts and play
consultant for Deepti Special School in Kerala, India and developed the first creative arts centre for children on the autistic spectrum in Malaysia. She now works between UK and Asia as a trainer and consultant therapist. .www.createcatt.com
Terms and Conditions
– Registration will be confirmed only upon receiving invoice or full payment.
– If the participant is absent without valid reason or without supporting document, full course fees will be charged with no refund